Home Contact Advertise
Roza Cafe
Friday, 18 April, 2014, 11:30 ( 9:30 GMT )
Press Releases
Technology
Science
Book Reviews
Editorial/OP-ED



About Us

Radio Zone
Place your advert on The Tripoli Post - A3 space
Libya: PM Denies any Promises to France to Establish Military Base in Libya
01/03/2013 21:05:00
Tripoli—Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zidan vehemently rejected media reports that he promised to allow France to establish military bases in Libya.

Speaking at a press conference in Tripoli on Thursday, Mr. Zidan said “we have promised no foreign country to establish bases in Libya neither in the south nor in the north,”

“The government never promised nor discussed this matter which is not even a subject for talk,” he added.

“In no way can there be any foreign bases in Libya. When we asked for the NATO help, and I was the first to visit the NATO, the decision was from the beginning not to allow any foreign forces on Libyan territory,” Zidan stressed.

“This is what was agreed upon in the office of the French President Sarkozy. We told him there would be no forces on the ground,” he added.

Zidan said the incorrect reports came from the Anadolu News Agency which said Mr. Zidan during his latest visit to France he made such promise which was simply baseless.



 

Equasitrian News
More Featured Articles
Libya Head of GNC Investigated for Possible Major Scandal Involving Two Women
Libyan General Attorney office is investigating an incident, captured on video and circulated on Facebook, in which the president of the General National Congress, Nouri Abu Sahmain was grilled by a questioner about why two women visited his residence at night.

The Official Story of an Oil Tanker Escape
After threatening to bomb a North Korean-flagged tanker if it tried to ship oil from the Libyan Es Sider oil terminal, the government of Ali Zeidan and the National Congress set back and watched it sail to sunset with deep disappoint on the part of the Libyan people.

Libya Crisis: Showdown Continues as Negotiations for Peaceful Outcome Start
The five-hour ultimatum has come its end and unofficial sources say negotiations are now ongoing between the two armed groups that issued the ultimatum earlier this day and unspecified mediators.

Place your advert here
 

© 2014 - The Tripoli Post