Home Contact Advertise
Roza Cafe
Saturday, 25 October, 2014, 14:8 ( 12:8 GMT )
Press Releases
Technology
Science
Book Reviews
Editorial/OP-ED



About Us

Radio Zone
Place your advert on The Tripoli Post - A3 space
Barack Obama Admits Huge Problems in Security in Benghazi Consulate Security
31/12/2012 11:00:00
Barack Obama ...has admitted huge problems in security in assault on US Consulate in Benghazi

US President Barack Obama has admitted that an investigation into the September 11 deadly assault on the US consulate in Libya, in which four Americans, including US Ambassador Chris Stevens died, had uncovered a "huge problem" in security procedures at the mission.

In an interview with NBC's Meet the Press programme, Mr Obama said: “We're not going to be defensive about it. We're not going to pretend that this was not a problem. This was a huge problem.”

On the day, they coincided with the anniversary of the September 11 2001 attacks by al-Qaeda on New York and Washington, militants stormed the US consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi and also attacked a nearby CIA safe house. Obama's domestic opponents have attacked the administration's handling of both security prior to the attack and public statements afterwards.

In his interview, Mr Obama said all of the recommendations of a critical report into the State Department's operation in Benghazi would be implemented, and said US agents were hunting down those responsible for the killings.

"With respect to who carried it out, that's an ongoing investigation. The FBI has sent individuals to Libya repeatedly," the US President said.

“We have some very good leads, but this is not something that I'm going to be at liberty to talk about right now.”

Mr Obama also defended UN Ambassador Susan Rice, who was accused by Republicans of misleading the public when she said the attack was a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim film made privately in the United States.

Accusing opponents of making a scapegoat of his close ally.He said that Ms Rice appeared on a number of television shows, “reporting what she and we understood to be the best information at the time,” Mr Obama said,

“This was a politically motivated attack on her. I mean, of all the people in my national security team, she probably had the least to do with anything that happened in Benghazi.”

Ms Rice had been considered the front-runner to replace Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as America's top diplomat in Obama's second term, but dropped out of the running after becoming the focus of Republican attacks.

Meanwhile, Americans have again this year named President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as the Most Admired Man and Most Admired Woman living in any part of the world.

This is the 11th successive year that Clinton has been the Most Admired Woman; Obama has been the Most Admired Man five years in a row. First lady Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, and Condoleezza Rice are next in line behind Clinton on the Most Admired Woman list, while Nelson Mandela, Mitt Romney, Billy Graham, George W. Bush, and Pope Benedict XVI follow Obama as Most Admired Man.
Comment:
Lockerbie bombing: Google "the selective use of polygraphs"
Comment:
I would have voted Bill Gates and Melinda Gates as the most admired man and woman in the world, for their excellent and self-less services to the ailing humanity in desperate need, around the world, instead of the merchants of death who have the blood of thousands, if not millions of innocent persons on their hands.

Obama's government started trouble in Syria and is getting impatient to have a go at Iran. Obama could have done some good by helping solve the Palestinian-Israeli problem for which he has the necessary leverage with Israel by virtue of US being its biggest donor and supporter. However, in order not to incur the displeasure of Israeli leaders, Barack Obama's government did not even dare vote in favour of the UN resolution at the General Assembly that admitted Palestine as a non-member observer state, and on which resolution 138 decent countries of the world voted yes.

And Hillary Clinton earlier on declared the decision by the Israeli prime minister to put a temporary freeze on illegal Israeli settlements as unprecendented. She also has accepted her responsibility at least for the death of US ambassador Chris Stevens and three others who were not provided adequate security by the Americans.

What a shame: Americans seem to choose none but murderers and cowards as their most admired persons. And they did that five times for Barack Obama and eleven times for Hillary Clinton, in a row. They are so consistent.

Karachi / Pakistan

Comment:
The Western Press continues to make the same statements about the Benghazi attack in every article.
They continue to state that there was no protest against an anti-muslim video in Benghazi on September 11 2012.
They also continue to state that the attack was carried out by "jihadis" and "al queda."
First, I find it hard to believe that there was no protest against the video, because six major news organizations independently interviewed eyewitnesses who either saw or participated in what was described as a large protest of at least 200 people.
From news accounts, the source of the "no protest" story are security officials who were on the ground on Sep 11, and these people have some explaining to do.
The diplomatic security officials:
1) Lied about the time of the Turkish diplomat's departure, saying he left at 8:30 when he left at 7:45, according to an interview with him.
2) Failed to lock the gate after the Turkish diplomat left.
3) Did not report that armed men set up checkpoints and sealed off the neighborhood and began organizing a protest at 8pm, just fifteen minutes after the Turkish diplomat left.
4) Did not report to local police, the Feb17th Brigade, The CIA, British intelligence, the Libyan government, the US Embassy in Tripoli, The US Ambassador, the Libyan Security Guards, or anyone else, even though numerous local residents observed armed men setting up checkpoints.
5) Failed to do routine security checks for an hour and a half, even though all diplomats were on high alert for 9/11 and there was a violent protest taking place in Egypt.
6) Locked the guns and gear of the whole security team in separate facility even though they were on duty.
7) Inexplicably became separated from the Ambassador and FSO Smith.
8) Failed to evacuate the Ambassador to a safe house that was six minutes away.
9) Miraculously escaped unscathed without a shot fired during what they describe as a sudden and ferocious attack.
10) Told the press that hundreds of armed men suddenly appeared out of nowhere, after they observed "nothing unusual" prior to that.
11) Faked intelligence and reported it to the press, blaming Islamists for the attack.
Given all of the above, and given the relentless insistence that either non-existent Islamic groups or a nonexistent al queda network carried out the attack, and given the ties between neocon Americans and Gaddafi Loyalists, and given the repeated attacks on intelligence and diplomatic targets by Gaddafi Loyalist cells, I strongly suspect the terrorists were Gaddafi Loyalists, and they had inside assistance.
The Western Press is reporting that these "security officials" are being recommended for medals.
What medal do they give, I wonder, for treason, espionage, sabatoge and support of terrorists?
 

Equasitrian News
More Featured Articles
Libya: Etheni Government Denies It Transferred Authority to Maateeq Cabinet
The interim government of Mr. Abdullah Etheni has categorically denied that it in a way transferred any of its authorities to the controversial cabinet of Ahmed Maiteeq.

PM Etheni: Benghazi is First Line of Defense for Libya
"Benghazi is the first line of defense for Libya. If Benghazi falls, God forbid, all other Libyan cities would crumble down," says interim Prime Minister Abdullah al-Theni during a press conference in the city.

Libya Head of GNC Investigated for Possible Major Scandal Involving Two Women
Libyan General Attorney office is investigating an incident, captured on video and circulated on Facebook, in which the president of the General National Congress, Nouri Abu Sahmain was grilled by a questioner about why two women visited his residence at night.

Place your advert here
 

© 2014 - The Tripoli Post