Home Contact Advertise
Roza Cafe
Saturday, 22 November, 2014, 17:13 ( 15:13 GMT )
Press Releases
Technology
Science
Book Reviews
Editorial/OP-ED



About Us

Radio Zone
Place your advert on The Tripoli Post - A3 space
Egyptian Authorities Confiscate Smuggled Libyan Warheads
22/11/2012 17:19:00
Egyptian authorities have confiscated trucks carrying explosive warheads and a variety of small arms ammunition smuggled from Libya, the country's interior minister Ahmed Gamal Eddin said.

At a news conference in Cairo Egypt's Interior Minister said that the authorities spent weeks in the desert investigating the operation before they finally seized the pickup trucks that were carrying 108 warheads for Soviet-designed Grad rockets, near Marsa Matrouh, 430 kilometers northwest of Cairo on the Mediterranean coast. He added that suspected smugglers had fled the scene.

Meanwhile, in Egypt's troubled northern Sinai region, troops from a 12-nation observer force fired on protesters demonstrating outside their base against the Israeli offensive in Gaza. The multinational force is part of the peace treaty signed by Egypt and Israel in 1979. American troops make up the largest contingent of the 1,650-strong force.

Libya's revolution last year unleashed a flood of small arms and heavy weapons into circulation through the vast Sahara desert of North Africa. Military experts have been reported saying that weapons that cross Libya's porous borders with neighbouring Egypt and Sudan could be falling into the hands of Islamic militants.
 

Equasitrian News
More Featured Articles
Libya: Etheni Government Denies It Transferred Authority to Maateeq Cabinet
The interim government of Mr. Abdullah Etheni has categorically denied that it in a way transferred any of its authorities to the controversial cabinet of Ahmed Maiteeq.

PM Etheni: Benghazi is First Line of Defense for Libya
"Benghazi is the first line of defense for Libya. If Benghazi falls, God forbid, all other Libyan cities would crumble down," says interim Prime Minister Abdullah al-Theni during a press conference in the city.

Libya Head of GNC Investigated for Possible Major Scandal Involving Two Women
Libyan General Attorney office is investigating an incident, captured on video and circulated on Facebook, in which the president of the General National Congress, Nouri Abu Sahmain was grilled by a questioner about why two women visited his residence at night.

Place your advert here
 

© 2014 - The Tripoli Post