Home Contact Advertise
Roza Cafe
Saturday, 25 October, 2014, 2:6 ( 0:6 GMT )
Press Releases
Technology
Science
Book Reviews
Editorial/OP-ED



About Us

Radio Zone
Place your advert on The Tripoli Post - A3 space
Libya Given Go-Ahead by ICC to Try Seif
22/11/2011 15:33:00
ICC chief prosecutor Luis Moreno-Campo, concedes chance for Libya to try Seif al-Islam at home

The International Criminal Court's chief prosecutor, Luis Moreno-Campo Tuesday had talks in Libya with the country's national Transitional Council and is reported to have agreed that Libya should be given the chance to put former Libyan dictator Muammar Al Qathafi's son, Seif al-Islam and Abdullah al-Senoussi on trial in Libya under its judicial system.

However, the ICC prosecutor, who travelled to Libya with his deputy, Fatou Bensouda and a delegation specifically to discuss the interim government's plans to try Seif and al Senoussi, pointed out that this should be done with the help of The Hague court and that the ICC's judges must be involved. Further discussions are needed to find the best way for the Libyans to go about informing the judges and how they could involve them.

Seif al-Islam and the former regime's intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senoussi are both on the ICC's list of criminals and had been wanted to answer alleged charges of crimes against humanity. But a concession is to be made by the ICC despite Libya still having to set up a court system.

Before leaving for Tripoli, Mr Moreno-Ocampo said: "The issue of where the trials will be held has to be resolved through consultations with the court. In the end, the ICC judges will decide, there are legal standards which will have to be adhered to."

"Their arrest (Seif's and al Senoussi's) is a crucial step in bringing to justice those most responsible for crimes committed in Libya. This is not a military or political issue, it is a legal requirement," he said.
Comment:
a well deserved show of moral support - an important milestone for the new Libya. I good decision I believe, so much will be learned by all sides about justice and the 42 years of tyranny. Another thumbs up for Libya which shows respect for the tremendous sacrifice the brave Libyans made.
Comment:
Icc may loose intergrity if it leaves Saif to be handled by the transition and gets mishandled since they have intrest in the case and Icc looked independent. We are waiting to hear the updates and final judgement. We have been there and witnessed Sadam hanged and others we need to witness this one thx.
Comment:
International Criminal Court chief prosecutor’s agreement, or a concession as described later in the news report, that Libya be allowed to try Seif al-Islam and Abdullah al-Senoussi hardly means anything in view of his insistence that this be done with the help of the Hague court and ICC judges must be involved. It is an uncalled for intervention in Libyan affairs and the ICC should desist from it. Surely, an open trial by Libyan judges in the presence of observers from ICC and any humanitarian organizations who care to participate could be more than enough to ensure a fair and transparent trial, if that is what the ICC is concerned about and does not have any secret agenda of its own. In any case, ICC’s inability to try or even to make any attempt to bring to justice the biggest war criminals and mass murderers of the century, George Bush and Tony Blair, or any of the vast array of criminals and murderers of Israel hardly establishes the credibility of the ICC. This was despite United Nation’s secretary general unequivocally calling the Iraq invasion illegal.

I think Libyan officials should insist on holding transparent trials themselves, and not bow to these international meddlers who, and others like them, might like to ‘run and manage’ Libya for the benefit of their clients and other vested interests.

- Karachi
Comment:
God damn you all, Libyans, for your cruelty to Seif, sun of Muammar Gaddafi, who was the only real man in your f**kin' country. You are nothing without him.
Good luck, idiots!
Comment:
The best solution to Saif Problem,is to give him over to Russia,if Saif want to do so.

An INDEPENDENT court procedure in Libya will fail.

Alemania
Comment:
REGARDS,
KING SHOAIB ALI [A. ‘AMERICAN’, L. ‘LIFE’, I. ‘INSURANCE’]
NATIONAL GUARD
S/O SIR VICEROY OF INDIA KING GENERAL NEIL ARMSTRONG
G/S ABRAHAM LINCOLN
GUARDIAN NAME : ABDUL HAMEED BASHIR
OWNER OF UNITED BANK LIMITED
DIPLOMA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY [INVENTORY SYSTEM]
GRADUATION MATHEMATICS / PHYSICS [BLACK BODY / DOUBLE SLITS ‘EXPERIMENTS’ Wave Functions]
M.S. INFORMIX [ONLINE BANKING] LICENSE NUMBER 499871.
M.Phil. TELCO. [WIRELESS ECG] ‘FOR MOBILE PHONE’
DESIGN PARTICIPANT & CANDIDATE FOR DOCTORATE REGARDING
TAKING BONE STRUCTURE OF HUMAN BODY VIA USING RADAR TECHNOLOGY
WIRELESSLY ‘FOR MOBILE PHONE’ [LIKEWISE X RAY]
BIRTH PLACE [UNITED KINGDOM]
LOCATION [KARACHI, PAKISTAN]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xeRXlgchdQ&feature=related
http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/abrahamlincoln
http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/georgewashington
Phone Number .: 021-36643561

[PERSONAL RESEARCH AREA ‘PLAZAMA CAR’ / ‘WATER CAR’ / ’SOLOR CAR’ / ‘ELECTRIC POWER GENERATION BY HYDROGEN CELL’ / ‘SATELLITE ANTENNA’ / ‘WIMAX ANTENNA’ / ‘ADVANCE NEXT GENERATION SERVER MACHINE MOTHER BOARD DESIGNING’ / ‘COMMUNICATION DEVICES’ / ‘OPTICAL SWITCH’ / ‘QUANTUM CRYPTOGRAPHY’ / AND MANY MORE ]
 

Equasitrian News
More Featured Articles
Libya: Etheni Government Denies It Transferred Authority to Maateeq Cabinet
The interim government of Mr. Abdullah Etheni has categorically denied that it in a way transferred any of its authorities to the controversial cabinet of Ahmed Maiteeq.

PM Etheni: Benghazi is First Line of Defense for Libya
"Benghazi is the first line of defense for Libya. If Benghazi falls, God forbid, all other Libyan cities would crumble down," says interim Prime Minister Abdullah al-Theni during a press conference in the city.

Libya Head of GNC Investigated for Possible Major Scandal Involving Two Women
Libyan General Attorney office is investigating an incident, captured on video and circulated on Facebook, in which the president of the General National Congress, Nouri Abu Sahmain was grilled by a questioner about why two women visited his residence at night.

Place your advert here
 

© 2014 - The Tripoli Post